Before starting, please ensure that your hardware and software meet our requirements. Contact us if you have any questions.
Ensure You Have A Stable Internet Connection
- We highly recommend that students access our services via a broadband connection.
- A list of broadband providers in New Hampshire can be found here.
- Some families may qualify for reduced rates. More information can be found here.
Keep Your Software Up to Date
- Internet browser: Chrome is highly recommended
- Video and audio conferencing: Zoom
- Students should have access to a laptop or desktop with sufficient power to operate either the Windows or Macintosh operating systems listed below.
- Audio capability, both input and output
- Headphone and microphone. See below if you cannot afford a headphone and a microphone.
- Ability to transfer files to external storage media such as a flash drive
Operating System Requirements
- Windows 10 or newer
- Macintosh OS 11, Big Sur, or newer
Keep Your Information Secure
The following are basic security recommendations:
- Update the operating system regularly
- Update web browsers regularly. You can check your browser by visiting updatemybrowser.org.
- Install a malware protection program
- Do not share passwords
- Log out of all VLACS systems after each session
Chromebooks or Tablets
- Chromebooks and tablets will work with most courses except for a few that require a download. Please view the learning catalog for course-specific materials.
- How to Use Zoom on a Chromebook
We can help you purchase a microphone and headset.
Attend a Virtual Open House
Have questions about how VLACS can support you and your child? Join us for a virtual open house to get all the information you need.