Our mission is to use the latest technology to provide our students with anytime, unlimited access to a rigorous, personalized education that helps students learn today, graduate tomorrow and prepare for the future.
The New Hampshire Board of Education approved the first charter application of the Virtual Learning Academy Charter School on May 9, 2007. The school opened to students in January 2008 with approximately 700 enrollments (an enrollment is considered a half-credit course).
Five years later, the NH Board of Education unanimously approved the charter renewal application and extended the school’s charter for an additional five years. The charter renewal application also included an outline of future plans including the addition of a full-time middle school program, expanding the curriculum to include selected elementary school courses, and expanding the program to include adult education.
During 2018-2019, the Virtual Learning Academy served approximately 13,000 students and close to 30,000 half-segment enrollments, making it one of the largest statewide virtual schools in the country.
The Virtual Learning Academy provides services in its elementary, middle and high school programs to any student who is under the age of 21 and has not earned a high school diploma. New Hampshire residents attend the school free of charge while students who reside outside of the state pay tuition.
Our students find VLACS for a variety of reasons. Some attend part time to explore an area of interest not offered in their home district. Others use VLACS as their homeschool platform. Some enroll full-time and earn their diploma through VLACS. Regardless of how you can benefit from VLACS, we can meet your needs.
- New Hampshire Board of Education – The Board sets standards and approves all public schools in New Hampshire.
- Using the code makes it easy to search for our NCAA approved courses.
- CEEB code: 300188
- National Collegiate Athletic Association – The NCAA approves certain courses for prospective student-athletes seeking NCAA initial-eligibility. A list of VLACS approved classed can be found here.
- Advanced Placement – All VLACS Advanced Placement courses are audited by the College Board on an annual basis.
- A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau
Have a question about the curriculum, tuition, or how VLACS can give you more freedom to pursue an education? Reach out to us, we can help.
Get the latest news and updates on VLACS!