Parents and families are a necessary and critical component to the success of your students. Your involvement in this process begins before your child takes the first lesson. You will electronically review and approve your child’s course schedule to activate the course(s) they have chosen. When they complete their studies, you will have the opportunity to review their work. Along the way, you have access to your child’s progress records and grades and will receive monthly progress reports and phone calls from your child’s teacher.
We encourage parents to be involved by accessing their child’s grade(s) and calling or emailing the instructor with a comment or concern. As a parent, you have 24/7 access to your child’s grade book, which the instructor updates regularly. Instructors are available on-line, by telephone appointment and during their posted office hours.
Tips for parents and families
- Create a Schedule: Help your child decide upon and stick to a study schedule. Your child should plan at least five to eight hours per course, per week to complete VLACS courses.
- Study Space: Provide a quiet place where your child has access to the Internet, a telephone, and a printer.
- Password Access: Know your student’s username and password. This provides access to the course, your child’s grade book, instructor announcements, assignment feedback and more.
- Weekly Progress: Stay up to date with your child’s course and assignments and grades by accessing your guardian account weekly.
- Monthly Progress Appointments: Schedule a time to speak with your child’s instructors once a month in the online classroom to discuss your child’s pace and progress, as well as address any issues or opportunities regarding your child’s online learning experience.
- NH State Certified Instructors: An experienced New Hampshire state certified instructor is guiding your student through the course content while they complete work independently. Your child is never expected to master the material alone. Also know that the curriculum was designed and is continually updated by skilled educators.
- Tech support: If you need help with course-related technical issues, click here.
Parent / Guardian Accounts
From approving course requests to monitoring progress, the parent/guardian account allows parents to have a hands-on approach with their student’s academic life at VLACS.
Students must enroll at VLACS and receive their username and password in order to create a parent/guardian account.
Your account provides:
- 24-7 access to information about students’ work submission and grades
- 24-7 access to your child’s grade book
- In addition, you receive:
- Monthly appointments with instructors
- Monthly progress reports emailed to the parent’s email address
- Regular email updates from instructor(s)
- Frequent access to instructors throughout the week
From Our Blog
Elementary Parents, Your Next Move May Be The Opportunity Of A Lifetime
If you’re looking for a way to spend meaningful time with your elementary school-aged children in an excellent online learning environment that challenges and encourages thoughtful academics, play, and resilience, elementary education at VLACS may be the answer you’ve been looking for.