Unit 1: Website Project Management
- Identify steps in the web site development process
- Identify components of project management and explain various project management techniques
- Apply project management cycle to a project and begin planning an e-commerce website
Unit 2: Web Development Tools
- Identify the languages, software platforms, and applications used to build enterprise-level websites at each phase of the development process
- Describe the basic functions of the most popular GUI-based platforms for building an e-commerce website
- Choose the best web building software for your purposes based on a review of features
Unit 3: Website Standards and Accessibility
- Describe the ethical and legal issues that must be considered when developing an e-commerce website.
- Consider intellectual property issues when creating web pages.
- Design web pages to W3C industry standards.
- Follow best practices for creating accessible websites.
Unit 4: Understanding E-Commerce
- Describe emerging trends in e-commerce and the importance of e-commerce to business and industry
- Explain the importance of branding for an e-commerce website
- Identify the basic components of an e-commerce site
Unit 5: Designing Your E-Commerce Site
- Identify and use online tools to design an e-commerce site and add digital media
- Describe and use principles of web design to meet customer expectations
- Design an e-commerce storefront with effective navigation, usability, and accessibility
Unit 6: Create an E-Commerce Website
- Choose effective design trends to add to an e-commerce website
- Enhance an e-commerce website with images and multimedia
- Add interactivity and safety features to an e-commerce website
Unit 7: Securing, Testing, and Launching an E-Commerce Site
- Understand security risks and best practices for securing an e-commerce website
- Practice quality assurance of an e-commerce website by proofreading and testing for functionality, usability, load time, compatibility, and accessibility
- Launch, maintain, and back up an e-commerce website
Unit 8: Marketing Your Site
- Identify opportunities and issues related to developing your customer audience.
- Use best practices for marketing an e-commerce store
- Close an e-commerce website project with a final presentation