The VLACS early college program offers students the opportunity to earn college credit while attending high school! The idea is that students have the capability to meet the rigorous intellectual challenges posed by college level work, especially when motivated by the opportunity to save time and money.
How It Works
The VLACS early college program offers:
The opportunity to enroll in one or more early college course(s). This is intended for students wanting to experience college level learning and earn a few college credits prior to graduating high school.
We partner only with accredited colleges to give VLACS students an edge when it comes to adding college-level learning to their high school experience.
VLACS college courses are actual college courses taught by instructors who have the requisite degrees and background to teach at the college level. We partner only with accredited colleges to give VLACS students an edge when it comes to adding college-level learning to their high school experience.
The structure and schedule of each student’s college coursework will vary depending on the partner school selected. Students may start taking courses as early as their sophomore year.
VLACS has partnered with the Community College System of New Hampshire (CCSNH) to offer a number of additional college courses. Please visit https://www.ccsnh.edu/ to review the unique and exciting opportunities available through CCSNH.
- Registration Closed. All coursework must be completed by 8/31/2020.
- Follows Community College System of NH calendar
- Courses taught by Community College System of NH adjunct or full-time instructors
- Courses can be used to fulfill high school graduation requirements
- Some courses may be used to satisfy associate degree in liberal arts requirements at SNHU
- Some courses may be used to satisfy associate degree in liberal arts requirements at Community College System of NH campuses
- Course credit may transfer to other colleges and universities
- No degree available to high school students
Tuition and Fees
New Hampshire Residents
- $150 per course administrative fee
Non-New Hampshire Residents
The tuition and fees for a CCSNH course (excluding the cost of textbooks) is $757 broken down as follows:
- Non-refundable registration fee: $20
- Non-resident tuition: $587
- CCSNH registration fee: $150
- Cost of textbooks: varies
Browse the learning catalog
VLACS offers a wide variety of subjects, from traditional math and science studies to special interests like photography and walking fitness. Take a look for yourself!