Services that we provide to our partners:
- Access to Over 150 Courses and Flexible Learning Pathways — Access to these high-quality educational opportunities are available at a reasonable cost to schools outside of New Hampshire
- Partnership training — We will schedule online or face-to-face partnership training to meet your needs
- Blended learning lab training — Offered online, blended learning lab training will help develop your internal capacity to support online learners.
- Newsletter — All partners receive and online newsletter which highlights new programming and services and offers suggestions for supporting online learners
- Access to VLACS office staff — Our team of administrators, support staff, counselors, and technical helpdesk specialists are available to help partner school representatives with their questions.
- Access to student progress information — All partner schools are provided with accounts on our student information system so that they can monitor student progress.
- Professional Development — Coming in January!
Here are a few examples of VLACS offerings that allow partner schools to help their students:
- Customized and Flexible Learning — At VLACS, students create customized learning pathways that include courses, projects, experiences, team projects, or college courses. Students can enroll at any time and progress at a pace that meets their academic needs.
- Acceleration — Students may enroll in courses or pathways regardless of age as long a they meet our prerequisites. This could mean that an advanced middle school student enrolls in Geometry or that a high school student completes an associate degree while in high school.
- Credit Recovery or Competency Recovery — As a competency-based school we meet students where they are in the curriculum and help them to move forward which eliminates the need for separate credit or competency recover programs. For example, a student may have failed algebra because he/she has not mastered three competencies. Rather than re-taking the entire course can we help the student master the missing competencies.
- Real-World learning opportunities — Through our experiences pathway students meet competencies through apprenticeships, internships, travel, service learning, independent study, or entrepreneurship. There are an almost limitless ways to learn at VLACS.
- Summer School — We offer rolling enrollment so students can enroll in courses or pathways as needed. In many ways, this renders summer school a thing of the past as students can access the services they need for remediation at any time of the year. However, if students need help during the summer we’re here to help.
- Gifted Education — All students, including gifted students, can accelerate their learning at VLACS. We provide students with the opportunity to design customized learning pathways based on student’s interests, talents, and passions.
Looking for more information about becoming a VLACS partner? Contact Us