Virtual Learning Academy Charter School
"Our mission is to use the latest technology to provide our students with anytime, unlimited access to a rigorous, personalized education that helps students learn today, graduate tomorrow and prepare for the future."
Who are our students?
| VLACS FT
Why do our students take our courses?
There are five main reasons why students are attracted to online learning at VLACS.
- Flexibility: Students need to work outside of the classroom because of extracurricular activities such as sports, arts, and travel. The independent schedule of an online course provides a student with flexibility to learn at any time of the day. There are also students dealing with an illness or injury that prevents them from physically being in the classroom.
- School Limitation: Either their school doesn't offer a particular course or there is a scheduling conflict.
- Competency Requirements: If students need to make up just a portion (or a competency) of a class, online learning provides those options
- High Academic Standards: VLACS partnership programs provide options for high school students wanting to earn advanced placement credit or even college credit. Additionally, advanced students takes courses above their grade level while in high school or middle school.
- High Risk Students: Students needing to make-up credits or a failed course or have been suspended can easily take VLACS courses. Enrolling in a course is an alternative to withdrawing from school.
Students and Parents alike have a lot to say about their experience with VLACS. Click here to read their testimonials.
VLACS sends a monthly newsletter, filled with current news about the school, students, instructors and courses. Click here to sign up to receive this monthly newsletter.
Click here to read the newsletter archives.